Volkswagen Phaeton Training
Volkswagen Self Study Programs are designed to help the Volkswagen dealership technician prepare for intensive factory training classes. This book provides introductory information regarding the introduction of new features, designs, and functions.
Volkswagen Training Literature is not a Repair Manual. For maintenance and repair work, always refer to the current technical literature.
This technical training is based on information available at the time of its original publication and assumes that repair work will be performed in a dealership by a qualified service technician.
Volkswagen is constantly updating its automotive systems and designs; therefore, this booklet may not cover components or systems that have changed over the course of the vehicle's production, and will not apply to vehicles produced after its publication date. It provides conceptual background for the professional automotive technician rather than specific service instructions.
- Volkswagen's Flagship, The Phaeton Name,
- Phaeton's Place in Automotive History, The Transparent Factory,
- Phaeton Technical Innovations, Specifications, Aerodynamics
- 4.2 Liter V8-5V Gasoline Engine,
- 6.0 Liter W12 Gasoline Engine
- Fuel Supply
- Fuel Delivery System
- Automatic Transmissions
- Running Gear
- Phaeton Chassis Overview
- Body Structure, Body Attachments, Sound Silencers, Glass,
- Power-Assisted Luggage Compartment Lid, Sunroof
- Occupant Protection
- Overview, Airbag Systems, Seat Belt Systems,
- Active Headrest System
- Front Seats, Rear Seats
- Air Conditioning System
- Four-Zone Climatronic, Air Distribution in the Vehicle,
- System Overview
- Electrical System
- Convenience Electronics, Adaptive Cruise Control,
- Headlights, Fog Lights, Rear Lights, Battery, Phaeton Battery
- Systems, Emergency Starting, Using the Front Information Display
- Control Head J523 for Component Service, Infotainment System
- Special Tools
- Knowledge Assessment
Volkswagen Phaeton 2004 Model Year
Volkswagen Service Training literature will be most useful for those seeking a better conceptual understanding of Volkswagens innovative design and engineering. While it is not for vehicle repair, it is more technical than most sales literature, and it provides a useful theoretical background for using those manuals.
ISBN: 0-8376-1104-0 (ISBN-10)
ISBN: 978-0-8376-1104-4 (ISBN-13)