Volkswagen Type 3 Workshop Manual: 1961-1967
8 3/8 in. x 11 in.
Volkswagen Type 3 Repair Manual: 1961-1967
Volkswagen Type 3 Notchback 1965 (click for other vehicle images)
Engine Removal and Installation, Section M, Engine and Clutch, (click to enlarge)
Checking Fuel Consumption, Section K, Fuel System, (click to enlarge)
The Volkswagen Type 3 Workshop Manual: 1961-1967 is a comprehensive source of repair information for Type 3 Volkswagen models sold in the USA and Canada between 1961 and 1967. This historical archive edition covers procedures for routine maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and rebuilding.
Air-cooled Volkswagens (Type 3) covered:
- Volkswagen 1500
- Volkswagen 1500A
- Volkswagen 1500N
- Volkswagen 1500S
- Volkswagen 1600
- Volkswagen 1600S Sedan (Notchback and Fastback)
- Volkswagen 1600S Variant (Station Wagon)
- Volkswagen 1500 Karmann Ghia Coupe
Engines covered in this Volkswagen repair manual:
- Volkswagen Air-cooled Type 3 "pancake" engine 1500cc
- Volkswagen Air-cooled Type 3 "pancake" engine 1600cc
- Engine and cylinder head service, repair and reconditioning, including bench testing procedures and specifications for 1500cc and 1600cc motors.
- Solex 32 PHN, 32 PHN-1 single carburetors, 32 PDSIT 2/3 dual carburetors, as well as fuel pump troubleshooting, rebuilding, and adjustment.
- Transmission removal, rebuilding, and adjustment, including early and later versions.
- Frame and floor repair with measurements and detailed cutting, alignment and welding instructions.
- Body repair and replacement procedures, including the sliding sunroof. Detailed painting preparation and procedures.
- Wiring diagrams identified by year and model.
- Running production changes and updates are noted in the text by manufacturing date, chassis number, engine number or part number.
- Detailed explanations of the various systems, with exploded views, cutaways and diagrams.
- Required workshop equipment, tools, and equipment for local manufacture listings.
- Troubleshooting tables for clutch, carburetor, fuel pump, steering, disc and drum brakes, generator, starter, and wipers.
- Maintenance and lubrication charts and procedures.
ISBN: 0-8376-1192-X (ISBN-10)
ISBN: 978-0-8376-1192-1 (ISBN-13)