The Volvo 240 Service Manual: 1983-1993 is a comprehensive source of service information and specifications for Volvo 240 and other Volvo 200-series cars built from model years 1983 through 1993. Whether you're a professional technician or a do-it-yourself Volvo owner, this manual will help you understand, maintain, and repair systems on the Volvo 240.
Volvo 200-series and 240 models
covered in this repair manual:
- 1983-1985 - DL, GL
- 1983-1985 - Turbo
- 1986-1993 - 240, 240 DL
Volvo 200-series and 240 gasoline engines
covered in this repair manual:
- B21F-T (Turbo)
Though the do-it-yourself Volvo owner will find this manual indispensable as a source of detailed maintenance and repair information, even the Volvo owner who has no intention of working on his or her car will find that owning and reading this manual will make it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with a professional technician.
- Fundamental automotive concepts explaining basic troubleshooting techniques, workshop practices, and tool use.
- Maintenance schedules and procedures for each maintenance task, from checking fluids to replacing the timing belt. This manual tells you what to do, how and when to do it, and why it's important.
- Detailed, in-depth troubleshooting and repair for engine management and emission control systems: Bosch LH-Jetronic fuel injection, including LH 2.0, 2.2, 2.4 and new 3.1 versions; Bosch K-Jetronic (CI with Lambda) for turbo models; Breakerless electronic ignition, including Bosch EZ116 K and Volvo/Chrysler systems; Charge Air Pressure Control System (intercooled Turbo).
- Automatic and manual transmissions, including overdrives, with comprehensive procedures and specifications for 4- and 5-speed manual transmission overhaul.
- Illustrated, step-by-step repair procedures from adjusting valve clearances or replacing the heater blower to restoring suspension bushings or replacing the water pump.
- Essential information on Volvo safety technology, including anti-lock brakes (ABS) and the airbag supplemental restraint system (SRS).
- Electrical wiring diagrams with easy-to-use troubleshooting and circuit descriptions, including illustrated fuse, relay and component locations.
- Plus the comprehensive factory tolerances, wear limits, adjustments and tightening torques that you've come to expect from Bentley manuals.
Publishing note: Prior to March 2011, this book was published in a softcover edition (ISBN 978-0-8376-0285-1)
170-9 Maintenance Program
Detailed, easy-to-follow procedures and specifications for routine service, tune-ups and scheduled maintenance like replacing the air filter.
214-9 Cylinder Head and Valvetrain
Cylinder head service and reconditioning with cylinder head and valve train specifications.
510-4 Brake Pads, Calipers and Discs
Complete brake troubleshooting and repair, with procedures for installing brake pads and calipers.
300-5 Electrical System - General
Complete electrical system coverage with component locations, fault tracing and troubleshooting procedures, and complete wiring for 200-series cars.