Volkswagen Passat (B4)
Volkswagen Repair Manual: Passat: 1995-1997
The two volumes of this Volkswagen Repair Manual present the service and repair information for Volkswagen Passat and Passat wagon models sold in the US and Canada. For the professional automotive technician, this manual includes useful specifications and procedures.
- Vehicle care recommendations for proper care, preventive maintenance, and the best ways to maintain the value of your Volkswagen
- Fuel Injection, Ignition, Exhaust and Emission Controls - from simple preventive maintenance to in-depth troubleshooting
- Transmission and Drivetrain - the electronically-controlled 4-speed automatic transmissions and 5-speed manual transmission.
- Suspension, Steering and Brakes - strut replacement and brake service, including ABS troubleshooting, Electronic Differential Lock (EDL) traction control, and complete wheel alignment specifications
- Air Conditioning adjustments and troubleshooting
- Step by step procedures, large detailed views of complex assemblies broken down to their simplest parts, complete specifications and tightening torques
This manual also includes electrical system information, including the extra information that every professional needs, as well as basic instruction that takes the mystery out of electrical troubleshooting:
- Test equipment and Volkswagen Special Tools - why you need them, and how to use them
- Handling Components and Connectors - proper care and handling can save expense and future headaches
- Basic Electricity - an introduction, or a refresher, on the basics of how and why electrical circuits work (or don't!)
- Troubleshooting - the basic testing methods used to check circuits, isolate and identify faults, or just to figure out whether there's a problem
- Wiring Diagrams - including optional equipment and running production changes
- 2.8 Liter VR6 gasoline (engine code AAA)
- 2.0 Liter gasoline (engine code ABA)
- 1.9 Liter turbo-diesel (engine code AAZ)
- 1.9 Liter TDI (engine code 1Z)
- 02A 5-speed manual transmission
- 096 and 01M 4-speed automatic transmissions
Even the Volkswagen owner who has no intention of working on his or her own car will find that reading and owning this manual will make it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with the professional technician. Keeping this manual handy in the car ensures quick access to repair and maintenance information.
ISBN: 978-0-8376-1753-4 (ISBN-10)
ISBN: 978-0-8376-1753-4 (ISBN-13)