Ford Fuel Injection & Electronic Engine Control, 1988-1993
How to Understand, Service and Modify
8 1/2 in. x 11 in.
As with his acclaimed Bosch fuel injection book, author Charles Probst worked with Ford engineers, trainers and technicians to bring you inside information on the operation of Ford engine control. His comprehensive troubleshooting, service procedures and tips will help you master Ford's engine control system.
For the best high-performance tuning information Probst went straight to the experts-Ford's own Special Vehicle Operations (SVO). He also includes recommendations from some of the best-known Ford tuners and aftermarket parts suppliers.
No other book gives you this much detailed, proven information, with 454 pages, including model-specific wiring diagrams, trouble codes and test specifications, and hundreds of photos and illustrations.
Covers 1988-1993 Models with EEC-IV Multi-Port Fuel Injection,
- Crown Victoria
- Grand Marquis
- Town Car
- Mark VII, VIII
- E-Series Trucks
- F-Series Trucks
- Over 200 pages of test specifications and wiring diagrams
- Step-by-step procedures for troubleshooting and service
- Fundamentals and theory on the operation of EEC-IV and MECS systems
- How to read 2- and 3-digit trouble codes-what is your engine telling you?
- Questionable tuning tricks to avoid
- In-depth coverage of today's alternate and reformulated fuels-how they affect driveability, performance and car design
ISBN: 0-8376-0301-3 (ISBN-10)
ISBN: 978-0-8376-0301-8 (ISBN-13)