Toyota Corolla Service Manual: 1975-1979
including 1600 Models
8 1/2 in. x 11 in.
Toyota Corolla Repair Manual: 1975-1979
For the Toyota Corolla owner with mechanical skills and for independent garages, this Toyota service manual gives the specifications that are available in a Toyota workshop. In addition, a Corolla owner who has no intention of working on his or her car will find that reading and owning this Manual will make it possible to discuss repairs intelligently with a professional mechanic. The aim throughout has been simplicity, clarity, and completeness with step-by-step procedures and accurate specifications.
This Toyota repair manual covers Corolla cars with the 1600 (2T-C) engine that have been sold in the United States and Canada for the Model Years 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978 and 1979. These cars are identified by the letters TE at the beginnings of both their model numbers and the vehicle identification numbers. The vehicle identification number of your car is visible through the lower corner of the windshield on the driver's side of the car.
- Troubleshooting and repairing emission control systems and devices
- Rebuilding and adjusting the carburetor
- Troubleshooting, adjusting, and maintaining the five different kinds of ignition systems that have been installed on 1975 through 1979 Corollas?including the latest breakerless-distributor, electronic ignitions.
- Adjusting the valves
- Rebuilding the front disc brakes and the rear drum brakes?as well as the dual-circuit master cylinder
- Rebuilding the rear suspension, the front suspension, and the steering gear
- Troubleshooting, replacing, or repairing components of the electrical system?with wiring diagrams
- Tune-up and routine maintenance specifications for models including the latest 1979 cars.
- Adjusting and rebuilding the automatic transmission and the manual transmissions
- Rebuilding the two-universal joint and three-universal joint driveshafts, and rebuilding the two different rear axles?including instructions for ring and pinion gearset adjustments.
- Tolerances, wear limits, settings, and torque specifications for parts of your Corolla?including critical chassis repair dimensions.
ISBN: 0-8376-0242-4 (ISBN-10)
ISBN: 978-0-8376-0242-4 (ISBN-13)