The MINI Cooper, Cooper S, Clubman (R55, R56, R57) 2007-2011 Service Manual is a comprehensive source of service information and specifications for MINI Cooper models from 2007 to 2011 (Mk II). The aim throughout this manual has been simplicity, clarity and completeness, with practical explanations, step-by-step procedures and accurate specifications. Whether you're a professional or a do-it-yourself MINI owner, this manual will help you understand, care for and repair your car.
Click here to view an excerpt from this manual:
Condition Based Service
Though the do-it-yourself MINI owner will find this manual indispensable as a source of detailed maintenance and repair information, the owner who has no intention of working on his or her car will find that reading and owning this manual will make it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with a professional technician.
- Procedures for everything from changing the ATF to replacing a dirty cabin microfilter and resetting the CBS (condition based service) system. This manual tells you what to do and how and when to do it.
- Engine and cylinder head service, including variable camshaft timing (VANOS) setup and adjustment and Valvetronic service (N12, N16, and N18 engines).
- Driveability troubleshooting and detailed repair information for the Siemens DME Engine Management Systems.
- Turbocharger and intercooler information, including component removal and replacement (Cooper S, JCW).
- Drivetrain maintenance, including troubleshooting, adjustment and repair of clutch, gearshift linkage and drive axles.
- Suspension repairs, including strut and control arm replacement procedures.
- Manual and automatic transmission removal, installation, seal replacement and external service.
- System repair information for antilock brakes (ABS), automatic stability control (ASC) and dynamic stability control (DSC).
- Heating and air conditioning repair (IHKS / IHKA), including component replacement.
- Body adjustments and repairs for sunroof and convertible, including resetting of the rollover protection system.
- Electrical system service, including an easy to use electrical component section with detailed illustrations and photos.
- Comprehensive wiring schematics, including fuses and grounds.
- MINI OBD II diagnostic trouble codes, SAE-defined and OBD II P-Codes, as well as basic scan tool information and OBD II Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs).
- MINI factory tolerances, wear limits, adjustments, and tightening torques.
2007 - 2011 Mini Cooper and Cooper S models covered:
- R55 (Clubman)
- R56 (Hardtop)
- R57 (Convertible)
- N12 (2007-2010)
- N14 (2007-2010)
- N16 (2011)
- N18 (2011)
- Automatic gearbox: 6-speed AISIN (GA6F21WA)
- Manual gearbox: 6-speed Getrag (GS6-55BG for Cooper, GS6-53BG for Cooper S)
Additional technical content
For additional technical content for the R55, R56 and R57 platform MINI Cooper models, visit our online technical library by clicking below.
Online Technical Library
MINI Cooper, Cooper S, Clubman (R55, R56, R57) 2007-2011
Watch short technical videos, including this one illustrating how to replace the cabin microfilter on a 2007 through 2011 MINI Cooper (R56, R55, R57 platforms).
Step-by-step instructions on resetting CBS service items.
117 Camshaft Timing Chain
Detailed engine service, including VANOS camshaft timing adjustment.
160 Fuel Tank and Fuel Pump
High pressure fuel system service on Turbo engines, including replacing HP fuel pump.
610 Electrical Components
Comprehensive fuse, relay, and electrical component locations.
Bentley technical editors testing fuel pump on the Cooper S engine.